BEDS FOR BABIES PROGRAM
Donate to Bed for Babies
Since the introduction of the “Back To Sleep” Campaign in 1992, SIDS deaths have been decreased by nearly 50%. In addition to placing healthy babies on their backs to sleep on a firm mattress the campaign stresses:
- BEDDING – Make sure nothing is placed in the crib with the baby. No pillows, blankets or stuffed animals.
- TEMPERATURE – Keep the temperature in a baby’s room between 68 and 70 degrees.
- SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT– Make sure no one smokes around the baby.
- DOCTOR OR CLINIC VISITS – Make sure the baby receives
immunizations on time.
- PRENATAL CARE – Do get early and frequent prenatal care, including eliminations of alcohol or drugs during pregnancy
- BREASTFEEDING – Do if possible.
With so much emphasis being placed on the importance of a baby’s sleep environment, many cases of accidental suffocation of infants during sleep have come to the forefront.
In reviewing the infant deaths in Indiana, it became apparent that many babies are sleeping in adult beds, couches, and recliners. Unfortunately, some of these families can’t afford the only place their baby should be sleeping, AN APPROVED CRIB!
The good news is that these accidental suffocation deaths can be reduced or even eliminated.
The SIDS Center of Indiana is looking for corporate, civic or personal interest in partnering to insure that every baby in Indiana has a safe place to sleep each night. A $100.00 donation will purchase a “Bed for a Baby”. Your employer, church, fraternity, sorority, civic group or even your family can make a difference.
It is our hope that you will consider the Beds for Babies Program for your charitable giving.
If you would like to donate today, please download and fill- out this
To find out more about the SIDS Center and our programs
contact us at 317-254-9255.
Together we can make a difference.
Next Support Group Meetings
January 17, 2008 – 7pm
February 21, 2008 – 7pm
March 20, 2008 – 7pm